BENEFITS COORDINATOR (1547)
Age Requirement:Must be 21 years or Over
# of openings:1
Coordinate all activities concerning employee benefits (i.e. insurance, retirement, FMLA, etc.). Work closely with insurance companies in order to resolve various issues concerning claims, payments, etc.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a Human Resources Benefits or Insurance capacity.
• Minimum of High School Diploma and AA Degree.
• Ability to obtain/renew all government required licenses or certification
BASIC COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to act independently while drawing conclusions from written and computer generated materials.
• Ability to operate personal computer (to access & input information using Microsoft Excel & Word, Power Point, AS400 et. al.), copy machine, photocopier, calculator etc., in order to perform job functions and assist internal/external customers.
• Knowledge of all applicable laws concerning medical insurance, HIPAA, FMLA, etc.
• Ability to provide clear direction, instruction and guidance to employees and customers. Must be able to listen and respond to customer inquiries in a positive and professional manner.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal/external customers some of whom will require patience, tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to collect information and solve customer concerns promptly and efficiently.
• Ability to make decisions and take action based on experience and good judgment.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to complete presentations, correspondence and communicate with customers and supervisors.
• Ability to remain alert throughout the duration of the shift and remain calm during emergency situations.
• Must possess sufficient mathematical skills needed to complete essential functions.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Ability to operate multi-line telephones to conduct Hotel business.
• Ability to comprehend and follow supervisor’s instructions.
• Ability to maintain attendance in conformance with Hotel standards.
• Ability to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
• Ability to work with interruptions
• Send out monthly letters informing employees of their eligibility. Distribute insurance packets to eligible employees. Enter benefits enrollment information into system.
• Contact insurance companies in order to resolve claim issues, asking for/receiving pertinent information, related benefits functions, etc.
• Run and update monthly insurance/carriers reports and perform reconciliations by checking billing against actual numbers in our system.
• Conduct monthly insurance meetings to inform newly eligible employees of their benefits and how to access them.
• Mail out forms and documents (i.e. COBRA, retirement, etc.) to employees/ex-employees as needed.
• Take insurance premium payments from employees, who are on leave, and deliver monies to finance.
• Order supplies for the department as needed.
• Answer calls and process requests from employees/agencies/customers. Make, return and follow-up on calls to maintain proper communications with employees, departmental staff and management staff.
• Make, return and follow up on calls to maintain proper communication with business contacts, departmental staff and corporate management staff.
• Make constant contact with both internal and external customers to provide optimal service. This includes contact with various hotel departments in an effort to provide/obtain pertinent information needed to ensure proper property service is provided.
• Sit, stand, walk, squat, climb, kneel, bend (at neck and waist), twist (at neck & waist), reach (above & below shoulder level), as needed for duration of shift. Simple grasping as well as repetitive use of hands and fine hand manipulation are needed to accomplish essential functions.
• Lift items (Up to waist level) weighing up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis, or carry items up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis.
• Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules that reflect the business needs of the Hotel.
• Comply with hotel rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of Hotel facilities.
• In addition to performance of essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions to be determined by the supervisor based upon the particular needs of the Hotel.
• Attend and participate in meetings in order to be informed of new rules, regulations and procedures and to discuss scheduling and/or other concerns of the Hotel and/or department.
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned
SAFETY & REGULATIONS:
• Provide a safe environment for guests and employees. Report emergencies to proper authorities.
• Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous conditions to supervisor, security, or safety personnel.
• Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest/employee safety in fire/emergency situations.
• Abide by all State, federal and corporate liquor regulations pertaining to alcoholic beverage service to minors and intoxicated guests.
• Abide by all State and corporate regulations pertaining to the presence of minors in gaming areas.
• Other duties as assigned within the scope of this job description.https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=GRANDSIERRARESORT&cws=1&rid=2406