Systems Engineer III - IGT
• Ideal candidate will possess an in-depth knowledge of operating systems, relational databases and network infrastructures as it relates to field support / systems related technical expertise.
• Lead or participate in installation projects that typically impact several major product lines or customers.
• Lead or participate in multiple projects to plan, test and install the equipment, network systems and software.
• This position will interact directly with Customer, End Users, Casino Services and the Global Support Center to ensure customer satisfaction during the installation, go live and on-going service during contract periods.
• The position will be the technical customer contact for IGT product related issues and will maintain an onsite presence to resolve issues and investigations that occur during or after a project.
• Carry out activities related to new installations, maintenance and upgrades of IGT Gaming Systems software applications.
• Conduct and lead technical analyses to plan, test and install the equipment, network systems and software.
• Troubleshoot and solve field problems with installation / maintenance / upgrades in resourceful and effective ways.
• Lead the definition of or defines the specifications for required computer and communications equipment for the installation of gaming platforms / systems / applications.
• Provide input to the development of field installation standards. Work is subject to regular supervisory oversight at defined project / task milestones.
• Must be able to Escalate complex technical issues or requests to gain cooperation at levels of mid- management.
• Flexibility of work location is a must.
• Heavy travel 40% plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5-8 years of experience with systems installation / maintenance/ Upgrades / Network security
- Frequent and extended travel mandatory based on business needs
- A through working knowledge of PC and Server operating systems (i.e Windows) and MS Office Suite is required.
- Network technologies
- SQL deployment / administration
- Gaming Systems Technologies preferred
- Has in-depth proficiency in multiple relevant systems installation / maintenance/ upgrade processes
- Knowledge in these areas desired:
• WindowsNT/2000/2003/2008R2, SQL deployment/administration, network design, server clustering, virtualization, SAN management and administration, CMDB, ITIL practices or hardware/software set-up and installation.
• Experience required with setting up network design and implementationhttp://jobview.monster.com/Systems-Engineer-III-Job-Reno-NV-US-115985636.aspx