International Game Technology is a global gaming company specializing in the design, manufacture, and marketing of electronic gaming equipment and systems products. As a leading supplier of gaming products to the world, we maintain a wide array of entertainment-inspired gaming product lines and target gaming markets in all legal jurisdictions worldwide. We are committed to providing quality gaming products at competitive prices, designed to help the operator realize superior value and performance by serving players better.
We're the industry leader with a award winning legacy but we're always focused on what's next.
IGT's Talent Manager will develop talent management strategies that build corporate and employee capability to support business transformation and growth. The successful Talent Manager will be empowered to develop a framework which fully integrates and enables the employee lifecycle and builds talent across the organization. He or she will collaborate with other highly skilled members of the HR team to integrate talent management best practices, talent acquisition best practices, learning and development programs and strategic workforce metrics and insights across the global organization.
Success will be achieved by designing and implementing strategies that optimize the quality and effectiveness of the workforce through performance management, leadership and executive development, mentoring, talent planning, succession planning, coaching, talent acquisition, and team effectiveness. Another key to success is the ability to take complex theories, principals, and practices and translate them so that they are useful to the organization as a whole. Strong change management and communication skills are a must.
The Talent Manager will act as an internal consultant to the business and often work directly with senior management to gain support for programs that advance the talent strategy for IGT. Initial work will be diagnosing key organizational and talent needs and designing/implementing solutions which are relevant to the business and aligned to the overall Global Talent Management Strategy.
Specific focus areas of responsibility include:
Talent Strategy Development and Implementation:
• Work across the organization with key stakeholders to assess the current health of our core talent processes and supporting systems
• Design and integrate global resourcing, performance management, talent assessment and talent development strategies, policies and processes with corporate business and organizational strategies
Talent Assessment and Succession Planning:
• Direct the development of valid and reliable competency based management and talent assessment strategies and processes that recognize performance, potential and readiness within a diversified multi-language, multi-continent organization
• Support improvements in the succession management approach, processes and systems that result in deeper bench strength, increased diversity, and improved talent movement for critical positions
Leadership Competency Development:
• Drive the adoption of the competency framework and leadership performance profiles into core talent processes
Talent Management Integration:
• Collaborate with IGT's Talent Acquisition function to identify and optimize key integration points between talent acquisition and talent management
• Partner with the Talent Acquisition function to develop internal candidate slates for key leadership positions
• Act as a liaison across divisions, business units and other corporate entities to facilitate common processes and approaches to talent management across all stakeholder groups
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS and KEY EXPERIENCES:
A minimum of a Bachelor Degree or equivalent is required; Masters Degree is preferred. A minimum of 8 years of relevant business experience including 5+ years working in Leadership Development and Talent Management. Experience in a strategic business-based HR role across multiple functions as well as global experience is preferred. Must have experience consulting with senior executive teams and global HR Leadership teams to problem solve and identify leadership, talent and capability gaps and subsequently design and implement organizational capability, leadership and talent development plans. Qualified persons should have a demonstrated track record of taking initiative, working independently and handling multiple priorities simultaneously. Solid project management skills, including a proven track record of leading large, complex projects are required for success. Experience working in a global, highly matrixed organization is preferred.
Additionally, we would expect:
• Experience developing and maintaining effective relationships, internally and externally across multiple cultures and geographies
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an inquisitive disposition
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
• A strong business acumen and understanding of value drivershttp://jobview.monster.com/Talent-Manager-Job-Reno-NV-US-117242494.aspx