KRNV News 4 Facts Giveaway
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Nevada residents who are 21 years of age or older and reside within the KRNV viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Chesapeake Media I, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station KRNV (the “Station”), KENV, KRXI, KAME, Circus Circus Hotel Casino, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household in a thirty day period.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per household within a 30 day period.
(b) From March 24 to March 28, 2014, viewers will be asked to watch News 4 Today, which airs on Monday through Friday on KRNV channel 4 from 5am to 7am, and listen for the News 4 Facts question of the day. Viewers will be prompted to call in on a designated telephone line at a particular time or times during the program. At the time that calls are solicited, the criteria for winning will be announced (the fourth caller with the correct answer). If the fourth caller does not have the correct answer the next call will be answered until the viewer with the correct answer is received.
(c) One or more contests may be announced from time to time. More than one contest may run simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a time. Station is not responsible for any telephone system failure or malfunctions or other inability of entrants to reach telephone entry line.
(d) One (1) daily winner will be selected in accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited, for a total of five (5) winners. The contest will be judged by Station personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which calls were received and (ii) whether any answer required to be given is correct.
(e) By calling the designated telephone line, each contestant gives permission to Station to record and/or broadcast contestant’s telephone call. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station.
1. Five (5) winners will be selected. Each winner will receive one (1) entry into the Season Opener Slot Tournament at Circus Circus Hotel Casino. Each prize is valued at $69.00 USD. Collective value of all prizes in this contest is $345.00 USD. Winners are not required to contribute any of their own money to participate in the tournament. The Station and sponsors are not responsible if the tournament is cancelled or postponed.
2. Winner(s) will be notified at the time of their calls. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winner(s) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within five (5) days of notification at the time winner(s) claim his/her prize in person at the Station. Winner(s) must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. Failure to collect the prize within five (5) days will constitute forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the prize will remain the property of Station. Another winner will not be selected.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Chesapeake Media I, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Chesapeake Media I, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Chesapeake Media I, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of calls received and the order in which telephone calls are received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KRNV News 4, 1790 Vassar St, Reno, NV 89502 and on the Station’s website at www.mynews4.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KRNV News 4, 1790 Vassar St, Reno, NV 89502 by March 31, 2014.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Chesapeake Media I, LLC, and Circus Circus Hotel Casino accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.