Miscellaneous coverage

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 3/27/2003 1:09 pm
There are several different types of additional home coverage that you may wish to investigate. First, there is umbrella liability insurance. With the large number of lawsuits being filed today and the large amounts of money the courts are awarding, for many families, an umbrella policy takes over where homeowner's coverage leaves off. It can be used to increase your coverage to one million dollars or more. Another type of coverage available is earthquake insurance. It is generally not included in standard policies, but is available for an additional cost. The cost will differ depending on the area where you live and the corresponding risk that the insurance company assumes. Homeowners' might also want to look into flood insurance. Compensation for losses resulting from floods are also not included within the basic homeowner's policy and like earthquake coverage, cost for this special insurance will depend on geographical area and assumed risk. For more information about special insurance policies, contact an insurance agent in your area.

©2006 Crossroads Mobile. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.