State and local tax deductions

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 1/10/2008 8:29 am
You are permitted under federal tax laws to claim the amount you pay for state and local income taxes as deductions. However, sales tax imposed on state and local levels are not considered eligible deductions on your federal tax form. As a result, taxpayers living in some states pay more taxes than those filing in other states. Also, in the event that you receive a refund on your state income tax, the amount will count as income on your next return. Other taxes involving foreign income, personal property, and self-employment businesses may be claimed as deductions as well. These tips are meant to provide general information on federal income taxes. For specific advice, please consult a tax advisor or call the toll-free number for Federal Tax Information and Assistance at 1-800-829-1040.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.