Computers and telephones

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 7:47 am
With the number of home computers and home offices growing rapidly, the demand for electrical service has increased. In older homes, especially, a wiring upgrade may be required. Though computers and fax machines plug into a standard 120-volt outlet, too many of these devices could overload your electrical system. In addition, power surges and outages can cause data loss, so it's a good idea to use a surge protector on your computer. If power goes out frequently, you may also want to get a u-p-s, or uninterrupted power supply. A u-p-s can keep your computer running long enough to save what you're working on, and exit properly. Telephone systems, too, have become more complex. If you work at home, you may want a separate line for your fax machine, so you can talk and fax at the same time. Many telephone wiring jobs are simple enough to do yourself. However, you'll need to clear it with your local phone company, before starting any work. For more information on wiring for computers and telephones, consult a qualified electrician.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.