Miscellaneous coverage

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 7:48 am
There are several different types of additional home coverage that you may wish to investigate in addition to what standard policies offer. First, there is umbrella liability insurance. With the large number of lawsuits being filed today and the equally huge amounts of money the courts are awarding, an umbrella policy can take over where homeowner's coverage leaves off. It can be used to increase your coverage to one million dollars or more. In certain parts of the country, earthquake insurance may be a wise investment. It's generally not included in standard policies, but may be available for an additional cost. The price will depend on the area where you live and the corresponding risk that the insurance company assumes. Your home may be valuable, but so are the things in it. If you have large amounts of jewelry, antiques, artwork or other valuables, you should look into extra coverage to protect these items against theft or damage. You might also want to look into flood insurance. Most private insurers don't offer this, but it may be available from the government through the Federal Insurance Administration.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.