Renters and condo owners

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 7:48 am
Homeowners aren't the only people who need insurance. If a pipe bursts and floods your apartment, the landlord may replace the carpet, but the damage to your clothes, furniture, or other items is your responsibility. Renters should make an inventory list just like homeowners do and get a policy to cover their personal property. Write down all the information about each item, including model and serial numbers, purchase date, and estimated current value. Some policies have limits for things like jewelry or computers. If necessary, invest in additional coverage for these items. Accompany your list with a photographic or video record of your belongings and store it away from your apartment. Your insurance agent may also want a copy. Don't forget liability insurance. If a guest slips and falls in your bathroom or gets bitten by your dog, you're liable for damages.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.