The vapors which flammable fluids give off are very flammables. Vapors from fluids like gasoline, kerosene and alcohol all emit vapors which are heavier than air and will go to the lowest level possible. The vapors nature is caustic and they can travel very long distances, so it's vital that the fluids be stored so the vapors can't escape. The storage area should be well-ventilated and far from any open flame, even lit cigarettes. The fluids shouldn't be exposed to any sources of heat, like sunlight or a radiator. Don't ever use a flammable fluid for any purpose except that for which it was designed. For example, don't use gasoline or kerosene as a cleaner. If you get a flammable fluid on a rag from wiping up a spill, never wash it in your washing machine. Call your local fire department help line and ask what the local codes are for disposing of flammable fluid disposal. Then dispose of the rags accordingly. Flammable fluids are toxic and should be kept locked away to prevent accidental poisoning.