Wiring dangers

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 4/13/2007 7:47 am
If your home is older, it's wiring could pose a potential danger. You should be aware of exactly how much wattage your wires can carry before plugging in lots of appliances. If your home was designed for a small electrical load, you may experience brownouts, tripped breakers or blown fuses. Faulty wiring is a likely fire hazard, and you should have it inspected if you have breaker problems, or switches or outlets spark or smoke. You should really enlist the help of a professional for any electrical repairs, but if you must do minor work, be sure to turn off all the electricity to the house first. Don't use too many plugs in one outlet and don't let extension cords run through your house on a permanent basis. Consider installing ground fault interrupters. They prevents electrocution and could save lives.
Share
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND

What's On

All content © Copyright 2013 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.