Obtaining a business permit

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:35 pm
If you've been convicted of a DUI (D-U-I) offense and your license has been taken away, you may be eligible for a business license. Whether your license has been revoked or temporarily suspended, you can ask the judge for a so-called 'green order,' which is a document authorizing the Driver's License Bureau to issue you a hardship license or business-use-only permit, if you qualify. The green order from the judge is no guarantee that the Driver's License Bureau will issue you a business permit. You'll generally have to convince the authorities that you'd be unable to do your job or conduct your business without a permit, or that you or your family would be subjected to unusual hardship. Usually, the Driver's License Bureau will require that you provide certain documents as proof of your hardship claim. If your license has been revoked or suspended, ask the Driver's License Bureau in your local area which documents you'll be required to produce in order to qualify for a business-use-only or hardship driving permit. An attorney specializing in DUI offenses can also help you deal with the authorities.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.