How to object to estate action

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:35 pm
If you are an heir or beneficiary to an estate which is being probated in court, you will receive notice of the commencement of a probate action. These notices are required by law to be sent to heirs and beneficiaries and certain other affected persons. Other persons may make a request 'special notice,' so a report of probate actions will be sent even ifthe person isn't an heir or beneficiary. After receiving notice of an intended action, you have only a limited time to object. If you fail to object within the time limit, you lose all rights to stop the proposed action. Your objection must be in writing and must be filed with the court. Calling the executor (eggs-ECK-you-ter) or the attorney for the estate is not sufficient. Normally the court will set a date to hear from both sides on the matter after written objections are filed. For more information about filing a request for special notice or objecting to probate actions, please contact an attorney.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.