Preparing for disability or incapacity

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:35 pm
If you become unable to manage your own affairs, a court could appoint a guardian or conservator to handle some or all of these affairs for you. A court appointed guardianship and conservatorship, however, is more expensive and time consuming than one designated specifically by you. Therefore, you can prepare for your future by designating someone with the power and authority to act on your behalf, by use of a durable power of attorney. You can also appoint a health care representative to make health care decisions for you in the event that you are ever physically or mentally unable to do so. State laws govern the validity of such documents so you should consult with an attorney to determine your rights under the law of your state.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.