Private adoption

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:35 pm
Private adoptions occur through the placement of a child for adoption by the child's parents or guardian, rather than through an adoption agency. Petitions for private adoption must be filed in the county where the person wishing to adopt resides, or in the county where the child is located. Any resident may file a petition about the child to be adopted, about the natural parents, and about the parents seeking to adopt. A medical history must be performed on the child to be adopted, and a qualified government agency must prepare a report concerning the financial and domestic qualifications of the parents who are applying to adopt. In some circumstances, consent of the natural parent is not required. These include cases of abandonment, judicial termination of parents' rights, or failures to respond to applications for consent. For more information on private adoptions, contact a qualified attorney.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.