Transferal of trademarks

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:36 pm
The ownership of a trademark can be transferred from one person to another by filling out an Assignment Form from the Office of Patents and Trademarks and sending it in with a fee for the transfer. The 3-page assignment form may be obtained from the Trademark Office or downloaded from the Office's Internet site. The fee structure frequently changes, so be sure and check up on what the most current law requires. In the case of a transfer following the death of the original trademark holder, there may be state or local inheritance laws which apply. It's often a good idea to hire a local attorney experienced in these matters to assist you in such cases.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.