Non-immigrant visas and forms

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:36 pm
There are many types of visas that allow you entrance into the U-S. B-1 visitor visas allow aliens to enter the U-S temporarily for business, while B-2 visitor visas are issued for those coming to the U-S for tourism or family visits. D-visas are for crewman; E for treaty traders and investors; F for students in academic or language programs; H for temporary workers; I for journalists; K for the fiancé of a U-S citizen; M for students in vocational or other non-academic programs; O for temporary workers with extraordinary ability; P for athletes and entertainers; and R for religious persons. To apply for a non-immigrant visa with the U.S. consulate, you'll need to complete form 0-F 1-56. You'll need to show that your passport is valid for at least six months after your intended stay. Each traveler will need a separate application, regardless of age. A photograph and proof supporting the purpose of your visit and the date you plan to depart are also required. You can only enter the U-S for the purpose stated in the type of visa you apply for. Those applying for H and L visas must present a prior approval by the INS (I-N-S). You are still subject to inspection by the INS at the port of entry to the U-S. At this time, immigration authorities will determine how long you can stay. If you stay longer than this time frame, you may be deported and charged a fine for your visa. For more information, you can contact an immigration attorney in your area.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.