Visas for investors and treaty traders

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:36 pm
If you're a foreign national and your native country has a special treaty with the U.S., you, your spouse, and your children might be eligible for a two-year visa. The individual who wishes to apply for the E-1 treaty trader visa must have a business that conducts 'substantial trade' with the U.S. and must be owned by nationals of the home country. To qualify for an E-2 investor visa you must make a substantial investment in the enterprise. Depending if you make application with the U.S. consulate or the ISN (I-S-N) the forms you will need to fill out are either the O-F-1-56-E, the Non-immigrant Visa Application, or the I-1-29, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, with E supplement. If you are using an attorney, you will also need the G-28, also known as the Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative. Make sure your passport is valid for at least six more months. You'll be required to submit a letter from the employer, investor, or trader outlining the type of business, the position you'll fill, and proof that you meet the requirements. If you're a treaty trader, you, your spouse, and your children might be eligible for a two-year visa. To do this, you must be a foreign national from a country who has a special treaty with the U.S., and be employed in the U.S. by a business owned at least 50 percent by your country's nationals. This business must have the sole purpose of trading, at least 50 percent of which must be between your country and the U.S. You must have executive or supervisory status or important skills. The forms you'll need to fill out are the same as those for a treaty investor. For more information, contact an immigration attorney in your area.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.