Visas to study or conduct research

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:36 pm
If you're interested in studying or conducting research in the U-S, you must have an F-1 or J-1 visa and be accepted by a school or institution that the INS (I-N-S) has approved. Check with a school representative to see if the prospective school has the necessary approval. You'll need to fill out either the I-20 or the I-A-P-66 form, and you can obtain them from a school official. After filling out the form, take it to the nearest consulate or embassy along with a valid passport, a recent one-and-a-half inch square photograph, and an application form, which you can get from the embassy or consulate. You will need to prove that all your expenses can be paid, that you're serious about studying or researching, and that you have a strong reason to leave when your studying is completed. You should know English well enough to be able to study here or prove that you've made arrangements here to learn English. Your spouse and unmarried children under age 21 can apply for a visa to come to the U-S as well.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.