Where do I send my application?

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:36 pm
Applications for Immigration and Naturalization Services usually need to be mailed to the regional office which presides over the local INS (I-N-S) office. Some offices will accept your applications on a walk-in basis, but most service centers won't. Many applications require that you submit them in person. One advantage this gives you is that an INS officer can tell you immediately if you need to supply additional information or documentation. This could save you a lot of time instead of finding out months later by a letter in the mail. If you mail in your application, and there's a problem with some of the information you provided or because of the lack of necessary papers, it will take some time to process through INS and get back to you. It's a good idea to send any correspondence to INS through Registered or Certified mail with a return receipt. That way, you'll have a record of when INS received it. Many lawyers specialize in immigration and can file applications for you, so if you'd like assistance or additional information, contact one in your area.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.