Who is eligible for a temporary working visa?

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:36 pm
If you're studying in the U-S and plan to work temporarily in the U.S. either, you can obtain a temporary working visa, also known as an H-1-B. You may be able to change your status from an F-1 practical training visa to an H-1-B temporary working visa within 30 to 60 days. It is a good idea to apply as soon as you can.because H-1 visas are limited to a certain amount per year. H-1-B status is for workers in specialty occupations, and for professionals. Such occupations include most jobs for which you need a university diploma in a specific field of study, such as doctors, engineers, accountants, architects, attorneys, computer programmers, and others. Graduating with a B.A. in the humanities or social sciences might make it difficult for you to find a job in a suitable occupation to qualify for H-1-B status. An immigration attorney can give you more information about your eligibility for a temporary working visa.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.