Property damage

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:36 pm
If you've been the victim of professional malpractice, you're entitled to be compensated for any damages you incur as a direct result of negligence. One type of damage you can be compensated for is property damage. Property is defined as anything that can be owned: either tangible or intangible, visible or invisible, real or personal. Also included is any valuable right and interest. For legal purposes, property is grouped into categories, the most common of which are real property, chattel (CHAT-L, rhymes with cattle), public, and private. Real property includes items that can't be moved--things like buildings, homes, or land. Chattel includes property other than real estate that can generally be moved. While public property belongs to everybody or the state, private property belongs to an individual party. Since the strength of your case often rests in the hands of a solid, convincing case, it could be in your best interest to hire a lawyer experienced in the area of malpractice.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.