Spousal damages

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:36 pm
If you're the spouse of a victim of malpractice, you're entitled to be compensated for any damages you incur as a direct result of negligence. You might be able to receive compensation for income that's lost because your spouse can't work. Another type of damage is called Loss of Consortium; this refers to a situation in which a deprived family member sustains damage to the marriage of family relationship. An injured spouse might not be able to perform household or domestic tasks such as maintaining the yard or driving the children. This is referred to as Loss of Household Service, and is a another source of compensation for spousal damages. Types of spousal damages you can be compensated for can vary from state to state, so contacting an attorney in your area is a good way to obtain more specific information.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.