What to do after a car accident

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:36 pm
If you're involved in a car accident resulting in any vehicle damage or injury to any person, the police should be called to the scene. Under no circumstances should you leave the scene of an accident involving any injury until the police have taken your name and other personal information. If you do, you may be found guilty of committing a hit-and-run, which can be a felony. Don't leave the scene of an accident before obtaining the following information: the names, addresses, contact information and insurance details of all other drivers involved in the accident and the names and contact information of anybody witness to the accident. The police generally gather all the necessary information and let you know where you can obtain a copy of the report. If you suspect you've been injured in any way, obtain a medical examination as soon as possible. You must also inform your insurance company of the accident as soon as you can. Generally, the insurance company has a standard accident report form you have to complete.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.