Who pays for lost wages?

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:36 pm
In theory, if you lose wages as the result of being involved in a traffic accident, the insurance company of the driver at fault is liable to compensate you. This compensation is intended to ensure that you suffer no economic loss as a result of the accident. In practice, the liable party's insurance company may require you to provide documentary proof of all your expenses, including proof of lost wages, before agreeing to any settlement. You may want to contact an attorney to advise you of your rights and negotiate with the liable insurance company on your behalf. For your own benefit, you should keep copies of all receipts for expenses incurred as a result of the accident. To claim lost wages, you may be asked to obtain a letter from your employer detailing the amount of work time and wages lost. In most cases, the insurance settlement will include compensation for all your actual expenses, lost wages, any necessary vehicle repairs, pain and suffering, and your attorney fees. If you've been involved in a vehicle accident and would like more information, contact an attorney.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.