Who investigates complaints?

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:36 pm
If you file a complaint for an alleged violation of a federal law such as the Fair Housing Act, you must report it to the Secretary of Housing And Urban Development. Within ten days the Secretary will assign someone from Housing and Urban Development to investigate. This investigation will be concluded with a report and a conciliation of the problem. If this isn't complied with, the case can then be turned over to the office of the Attorney General of the United States who'll commence an investigation of their own within 30 days. If you're filing a complaint about a state or local law, a representative from your local housing agency will be appointed to investigate. For more information about who investigates housing complaints, contact a real estate attorney in your area.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.