The review process

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:37 pm
If you're unhappy with the social security administration's response to a claim for benefits, the administrative review process could help you. All requests for review must be submitted in writing, and time limits may apply. First you should request that the initial determination be reconsidered. This 'de novo' review will include an inspection of the administrative records as well as supply you with the chance to give new information and evidence for your claim. If there is still conflict you can ask for a hearing before an administrative law judge of the office of hearings and appeals. If you oppose the administrative law judge's decision, you can get a review by the appeals council of the office of hearings and appeals. If you still don't get the results you wanted with the appeals council's action you can file a civil action in a federal district court. If your complaint concerns the constitutionality of the denial of your claim, you may be able to use the expedited appeals process. This will take you directly to a federal district court. Forms for review requests are available at any social security office and you should call your nearest social security office for further information.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.