Am I entitled to mileage to go to the doctor?

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:37 pm
In many states, an injured employee is entitled to reimbursement for mileage expenses incurred in seeking medical care. The state workers' compensation law may provide a certain amount per mile that the employee is to be reimbursed for mileage driving to and from the medical provider. This may include visits to the doctor, hospital, physical therapist, and pharmacy. Travel expenses for medical care outside of your home city may also be reimbursed, including the actual costs of meals and lodging, up to a maximum. It is important that you understand your rights under the workers' compensation law of the state where you are employed. For more information on workers' compensation, contact a qualified attorney.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.