Changing doctors

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:37 pm
State workers' compensation laws allow an injured worker to change his or her medical care from a physician appointed by the employer. Many states require that an employer post a list of eligible medical providers at the job site. If the employer fails to meet this legal requirement, the injured employee is generally free to choose his or her own medical care. Even if the list is properly posted, there may be provisions in the workers' compensation law that allow you to change physicians. Most states have a procedure for changing from the specified medical provider to one of the employee's choice. Generally, the employee may be required to file a written request to change medical providers with the State Workers' Compensation Board. Upon the approval of the State Workers' Compensation Board, the employee is permitted to select a different medical provider. This is an area where different state's workers' compensation laws vary. Therefore, it is important for you, as an injured worker, to know and understand your rights under the workers' compensation law of the state where you work. For more information on workers' compensation, contact a qualified attorney.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.