Claims against your employer

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:37 pm
If an employee is injured at work, there are two main steps which should be followed. First, the worker should notify the employer and request treatment as soon as possible after the injury occurs. Next, the employee should immediately file a claim with the state agency managing the workers' compensation plan. If an employer contests the claim, a hearing will be scheduled. The worker or employer may appeal an undesirable decision with the state agency or the court. If this does not satisfy the appealing party, that party may then pursue the matter in appellate court. Under most circumstances, it is not necessary for an employee to file a lawsuit in order to make a claim against his or her employer, but there are exceptions. For more information about claims against your employer, please consult with an attorney.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.