I was hurt on the job

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:37 pm
Employers in every state are required to provide worker's compensation to cover the medical expenses of injured workers and to replace lost income until the employee returns to the job. Companies usually buy a policy from an insurance agency. The amount of compensation varies by state. There are also state-by-state exceptions; for example, in some states companies with only a few employees don't have to provide worker's comp. For small injuries, worker's compensation usually runs smoothly. However, if you're severely injured at work you should consider whether or not you need an attorney. If you decide to seek legal counsel, do so as soon as possible, certainly before you accept any settlement. Report any injuries to your employer immediately. Most states require that notice be given within thirty days. After you‘ve filed the claim, the insurance company will ask for a doctor to confirm the injury. If you feel you need legal help, please consult a licensed attorney.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.