Medical care if injured on the job

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:37 pm
Employees injured on the job are entitled to medical care at the expense of their employer. Reasonable and necessary medical expenses, including emergency care, surgical treatment, hospital care and follow-up visits, should be paid by your employer's workers' compensation insurance. If you are injured on the job, you should notify your employer as soon as possible and determine the requirements for payment of medical care. Some states require the employee to go to the doctor selected by the employer. However, even in such states, emergency care should be paid for or reimbursed by the employer. It is important that if you are injured in a work-related accident, you understand your rights under the workers' compensation law of the state where you work. For more information on workers' compensation, contact a qualified attorney.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.