What about work-related injuries?

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 3:37 pm
If you're injured on the job and are covered by worker's compensation, you need to file a claim with your employer. If you don't give proper notice of your accident and injury, then you might not be able to claim worker's compensation benefits. You might be entitled compensation for your injuries, including medical expenses, lost wages, temporary and permanent disability. There's no requirement that the employer be guilty of negligence; worker's compensation falls under the strict liability laws. In most cases, the law will not allow you sue for more than the compensation awarded by the state. Even so, many individuals consult personal injury attorneys for advice. And if the injury is not covered by the worker's compensation laws, you might be able to file suit. If you think you need legal counsel, please consult a licensed attorney.

Featured Segments/Shows

All content © Copyright 2015 Intermountain West Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.