RENO, Nev. (KRNV & MyNews4.com) - NV Energy says businesses in Central Reno were evacuated after reports of a gas leak Saturday morning.
The gas leak started before 9 am and NV Energy was able to shut the gas leak down just before 10am. Reno Fire and Police personnel responded to the scene and helped with the evacuations. The evacuation was called off by 10:15 a.m.
According to NV Energy, a contractor dug into the line while doing work near Wrondel Way, near South Virginia.
The NV Energy says they are still working on re-establishing service to some customers.