Investigation continues at Idlewild

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 1/06 12:33 pm
RENO, Nev. (MyNews4.com & KRNV) -- The investigation continues into an explosion at The Park at Idlewild apartment complex on Sunday. It has left dozens of people without a home.

Reno firefighters believe the cause of the explosion was natural gas, possibly coming out a furnace. It damaged the entire "C" block of the building. Three people were in the apartment at the time of the explosion, but they escaped without injuries. Local volunteers are helping the eight families displaced by the blast.

While the exact cause hasn't been determined, Reno Fire Marshal Jeff Donahue has some great reminders when it comes to servicing your furnace, and staying on top of winter safety:
  • Avoid using extension cord for heaters.
  • Never leave a space heater unattended, or running while you sleep.
  • If you are using candles, make sure they are at least a foot away from other items, and blow them out when you leave the room.
  • Unattended cooking is the one of the leading causes of house fires, so never leave your stove on when you are not home.
Share
1 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

XTived1 - 1/8/2014 12:19 PM
0 Votes
If you don't relish the thought of hustling to a workplace every day, there's never been a better time to work from home. Start earning with Google. Just work for few hours and have more time with friends and family. I earn up to $500 per week. Its actually the nicest job Ive had. Blog link Buzz95.com
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND
WATCH OUR LIVE NEWSCAST

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.