CARSON CITY, Nev. (KRNV & MyNews4.com) -- An oxygen tank exploded in a structure fire that caused two apartments units to be damaged early this morning at 1215 E. 5th Street in Carson City.
The Carson City Fire Department says firefighters were called to the six storey apartment complex around 1:30 a.m. this morning after a fire started in one of the bottom units. The Fire Department says that the fire began when a woman, who was wearing her oxygen tubes was smoking and dropped her cigarette. A small fire then broke out and she tried to put it out herself, but when she was unsuccessful, she got out and left the residence.
When fire crews were battling the blaze, the oxygen tank exploded, further growing the fire. Eventually the fire was knocked down and no one was injured. Two of the six units were damaged but the other four units were fine. The woman was not charged as investigators found that it was an accident.