Possible carbon monoxide leak sends bus passengers to hospitals

Reported by: Samantha Boatman
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 2/24 3:18 pm
MONO COUNTY, Calif. (MyNews4.com & KRNV) -- An apparent carbon monoxide leak onboard a bus headed from Long Beach, California to Reno sent 13 passengers to the hospital on Sunday night.

According to Lieutenant Ron Cohan with CHP, a 911 call was made by someone on the bus. The caller told the 911 operator that several people onboard the bus were feeling light headed, dizzy and nauseated. The bus immediately stopped and 25 different rescuers from different counties responded to the ill passengers.

A medical evaluation center was set up at the Veteran's Memorial Hall, where all of the passengers onboard were seen by emergency responders. From there, 13 people were taken by ambulance to hospitals in Gardnerville and Mammoth Lakes.

Medical personnel believe it was caused by carbon monoxide. The bus, which belongs to Amador Stage Lines, has been impounded and will be inspected.

All of those treated at the hospital have been released.
Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.