RENO, Nev. (MyNews4.com & KRNV) -- School Board member Howard Rosenberg appeared on Nevada Newsmakers on Thursday, and said he is not worried about any wrongdoings by the Washoe County School District Board of Trustees.
"This is a situation that is much, much deeper than the public has any idea of," said Rosenberg. "Mr. Martinez is playing it for all that it is worth and I wish him well."
Rosenberg said public reaction to Martinez being relieved of his duties has been difficult, but he also believes board members are doing what they need to do. "There are seven people who tried to do the best thing that they can. All I can say to the public is you do not know everything that you need to know."
Pedro Martinez said everything he has publicly shared is what he was told earlier this week. He also said if the board has further issues with him, he should be told so. "There’s a clear process in my contract by state statute. If they have any concerns and allegations, they should be communicated to me."
As of Thursday afternoon, the Attorney General’s Office could not confirm if a complaint against the school board has been filed or not.
Classes begin in two weeks and Rosenberg said getting ready for the school year is priority number one.