RENO, Nev. (AP) — NV Energy officials have identified the cause of a power outage that affected 1,350 customers Sunday morning around the Sparks industrial area: a bird.
Company spokeswoman Faye Andersen said Sunday evening a bird got into equipment at a substation and triggered the outage.
She says it's a "fairly uncommon" occurrence because the company tries to "animal-proof" the substations.
Company officials earlier thought a squirrel might have caused the outage.
The outage began around 8:15 a.m. and lasted until 9:35 a.m.
©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.