Downtown Building Evacuated

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 5/13/2013 10:47 am
The El Cortez in downtown Reno was evacuated on Saturday afternoon after reports of a carbon monoxide leak.  Reno firefighters arrived and discovered high levels of carbon monoxide.  Firefighters went door to door to make sure all residents were out of the building and safe.  It's unknown how many people were evacuated from the building, but eight people were transported by REMSA to the hospital to be treated. 
Share
1 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

Billy - 5/12/2013 12:43 PM
0 Votes
I saw a number of elderly and fragile people standing or leaning against the building in full sun for some time during the lengthy incident. Is there a service that looks after the well being of evacuees in episodes like these, perhaps the Red Cross? I was concerned some residents were heat or sun stroked or at least dehydrated which symptoms might not show until after the Fire Department is long gone.
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.