Fire Engulfs Sparks Home

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 1/02/2013 9:39 pm
UPDATE---10:10 a.m.

According to Sparks Division Fire Chief Tom Garrison the cause of the fire is still under investigation and the property sustained substantial damage, but it's unclear if it was completely destroyed.

The majority of the fire was contained to the garage, but some damage occurred to the kitchen of the home. The family that was occupying the home noticed the fire and were able to evacuate quickly, avoiding any harm.

Sparks, Nev. (KRNV & MyNews4.com)-- The Sparks Fire Department confirms an early morning fire completely destroyed a Sparks home Wednesday, January 2, 2012.

Firefighters say the blaze broke out at about 2:00 a.m. on a home on the 200 block of E. Lincoln Way. When fire crews arrived at the scene, they found that the garage of the home was fully engulfed in flames. Firefighters say the majority of the fire was contained to the garage but some damage occurred to the kitchen of the home. The exterior siding of the home next to the fire was also slightly damaged from the heat. 

All occupants of the home were able to get out of the house safely and one dog was rescued from the home.

Firefighters say they do not know what sparked the fire, but it is under investigation. The fire has since been put out and fire crews are mopping up. There were no injuries to the home's occupants or fire personnel.
       
Watch News 4 Today for the latest updates.
Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND
WATCH OUR LIVE NEWSCAST

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.