RENO, Nev. (KRNV & MyNews4.com) -- The City of Reno and the City of Sparks are making preparations and coordinating with area agencies in preparation for a flood.
City crews are inspecting and clearing drainage and irrigation ditches and monitoring areas that are prone to flash-flooding.
Sand bags will be available for the public at the locations below today between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Gateway Park (21st St & Greg St.)
- Cottonwood Park (Spice Island Dr & Truckee River)
- Corner of Deming Way & Kleppe Lane
- Idlewild Park (at the parking lot across from the pond near James D. Hoff Peace Officer's Memorial)
- First Street at Riverside Drive
- Parking lot of the Governor's Bowl Park