Gas explosion at apartment complex leaves several without homes

Gas explosion at apartment complex (Nick Stack)
Gas explosion at apartment complex (Nick Stack)
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 1/05 4:08 pm

(KRNV & MyNews4.com)-- RENO, Nev. A small gas explosion from a furnace possibly shot through the C block of an apartment complex off of Idlewild Dr. according to the Reno Fire Department.

Reno fire crews responded to the call at around 10 a.m. this morning.

Reno fire says the eight apartments that make up the C block are severely damaged and unlivable until they can be repaired.

Three people were in the apartment at the time of the explosion but were far enough away to avoid injury.

Eight families and their pets have been displaced by the fire.

The Red Cross of Northern Nevada says four of the families are now staying at relatives homes, but the other four will need emergency housing, clothing, and food tonight, and in the coming days.





Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND
WATCH OUR LIVE NEWSCAST

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.