SUN VALLEY, Nev. (MyNews4.com & KRNV) – An apparent chemical cleaning mishap shut down a Sun Valley neighborhood for several hours as hazmat teams cleared the area Wednesday night, January 22nd.
According to Washoe County Sheriff's Deputies, crews were called to the 5100 block of Carol Dr. in Sun Valley at around 7 Wednesday night and parts of the street had to be shut down. Sheriff's Deputies say an individual was cleaning a cage and was overwhelmed with bleach and ammonia. Sparks Police called the hazmat crew to do a sweep of the neighborhood to make sure there was no threat.
REMSA transported the individual to the hospital and is expected to make a full recovery.