Juror's text forced mistrial in NV brothel attack

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 6/21/2013 6:05 pm

ELKO, Nev. (AP) — Elko County prosecutors say they will retry an ex-prostitute on attempted murder charges after a judge declared a mistrial because jurors had been discussing details of the hammer attack on a co-worker at a rural Nevada brothel last summer.

Deputy District Attorney Mark Mills said Friday numerous jurors disregarded the judge's repeated admonition not to discuss the case while trying Lisa Wong for the Aug. 18 beating at Sharon's Bar and Brothel in Carlin.

The Elko Daily Free Press reports one juror texted a public defender about two others talking about — among other things — the ethnicity of the victim, Sang Fowler.

Judge Al Kacin acknowledged the case is full of "salacious details" before declaring the mistrial Thursday.

Mills says a new trial date has not been set.

___

Information from: Elko Daily Free Press, http://www.elkodaily.com

 

©2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
2 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

roseanya - 6/22/2013 12:17 PM
0 Votes
Indict the jurors.

Tim Bickerton - 6/21/2013 9:47 PM
0 Votes
good, too bad the jurors can't be held for contempt of court. personally I'm sick and tired of jurors following their own agendas in trials.
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND
WATCH OUR LIVE NEWSCAST

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.