RENO, Nev. (MyNews4.com & KRNV) -- Local athletes who competed in the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi are actually bringing home more medals than some countries.11 Olympians had ties to the Reno-Tahoe area. Four of those athletes saw the medal stand and are bringing home three golds and one bronze.
To help put it in perspective, the four medals Reno-Tahoe athletes earned is the same number of medals entire countries like Great Britain are bringing home. The local Olympian's four medals is more than Australia, Croatia, and the Ukraine athletes are bringing home to their countries. Some countries aren't bringing home medals at all like Mexico, India, and Ireland.
The United States finished behind Russia with the overall medal count with 28, Russia with 33.Here is a list News 4 compiled of the athletes:
1. Jamie Anderson, South Lake Tahoe, Snowboarding - 1 gold
2. Maddie Bowman, South Lake Tahoe, Freestyle Skiing - 1 gold
3. David Wise, Reno, Freestyle Skiing - 1 gold
4. Danny Davis, Truckee, Snowboarding half pipe - none
5. Travis Ganong, Squaw Valley, Alpine Skiing - none
6. Chas Guldemon, Reno, Snowboarding - none
7. Nate Holland, Truckee, Snowboardcross - none
8. Tim Jitloff, Reno, Alpine Skiing - none
9. Julia Mancuso, Reno/Squaw Valley, Alpine Skiing - 1 bronze
10. Karly Shorr, Truckee, Snowboarding Slopestyle - none
11. Marco Sullivan, Squaw Valley, Alpine Skiing - none
For more information on medals visit the out the official Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics website by clicking here.