Man with no phone to call 911 loses home to fire

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 6/17/2013 10:55 am
Carson City, NV (KRNV & MyNews4.com) -- A man lost his home overnight after a gasoline powered generator caught fire. 

Truckee Meadows Fire Chief Charles Moore tells News 4 that early this morning, June 16, 2013, a man suffered a burn to his leg while attempting to extinguish the fire at 3875 White Pine. The Fire Marshall determined an accidental cause from the gasoline powered generator. 

According to Chief Moore,the homeowner found the fire and attempted to extinguish it, but was unsuccessful. Chief Moore says the man had no phone to call 911, so he made several attempts to wake up his neighbors, but there was no answer. He continued to try other homes until someone answered. 

Firefighters were not aware of the fire until about 2:00 a.m. By that time the fire had ignited most of the exterior and contents stacked on the rear deck. The fire burned up the side of the home and into the attic from there the entire home was engulfed.

Firefighters had to fight the fire from outside the home, because the roof was already collapsing when they arrived. Chief Moore says all southern stations responded, including Pleasant Valley Volunteers.



Share
1 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

Siena21 - 6/17/2013 8:48 PM
0 Votes
Guess this needs to get himself an OBAMA phone ASAP!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND

What's On

All content © Copyright 2013 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.