No decisions yet on Nevada Medicaid cost sharing

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 2/20/2013 7:00 pm

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) — State officials say no decision has yet been made on what form Medicaid recipients will be asked to share in the costs of their care.

Health and Human Services Director Mike Willden told members of the Senate and Assembly money committees Wednesday that while Gov. Brian Sandoval's budget assumes a $3 co-pay for doctor visits, the figure was a place holder while proposed federal regulations released last month are reviewed.

Willden says a public comment period on the proposed regulations ends tomorrow, and it could be weeks before final rules are adopted.

Under the federal health care aw, Nevada's Medicaid enrollments are projected to swell from 313,000 to about 490,000 by 2015.

Willden warned lawmakers they could be grappling with the Medicaid budget toward the end of the legislative session.

 

©2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.