Oily rags and hot temperatures caused mobile home fire

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 8/21 11:29 pm
SUN VALLEY, Nev. (MyNews4.com & KRNV) -- Fire officials said that spontaneous combustion is to blame for the residential fire in Sun Valley on Wednesday.

According to a press release, Truckee Meadows Fire officials said the blaze was accidental, and caused by spontaneous combustion of oil-soaked rags used for staining furniture. Officials said rags were left on the outdoor, wood deck and hot afternoon temperatures played a role in a chemical chain reaction.

Truckee Meadows Fire Chief Charlie Moore said oily rags are the summertime equivalent of fireplace ash in the winter.
 
The residents were able to get out safely, but parts of their home were damaged.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.