UPDATE: Two residents of the home are confirmed safe. Their names are not being released.
UPDATE: Fire Chief Charles Moore tells News 4 a call came in just after one in the afternoon. There is a large risk of structural collapse.
The area is considered a crime scene due to the fact they are unaware of the cause of fire at the time.
Two animals were possibly inside the home at the time of the fire.
RENO, Nev. (KRNV & MyNews4.com) - A home at 13155 Thunderbolt Drive has caught fire after a possible explosion. Washoe Sheriff's Deputies are telling News 4 this house is now considered to be a crime scene.
Neighbors tell News 4 they heard a "massive explosion" but they could not say if it came from the house or nearby the house.
NV Energy was called shortly after Reno Fire crews responded to the fire on Thunderbolt Drive. NV Energy serviceman turned off the natural gas and electric services to the fully engulfed home.